Dubai’s extraordinary New Year’s Eve is a crowd-puller. As the countdown gets closer and the clock strikes 12, the city drowns in celebrations, bonanzas and festivities. People from different backgrounds gather to hail and usher in the new year with joy and prosperity.
Dubai is known for its opulence and luxury that can’t be rivalled by any other city. Thus, travellers on a budget or backpackers reconsider the plan to visit this city often, especially during the year-end holiday season when millions of travellers gather and the prices of the tours skyrocket.
But here is a behind-the-scenes secret. Dubai has plans to get everyone covered with its budget and free attractions in the grand celebration of the New Year 2023. Here is the list:
1. Watch the Spectacular Fireworks
The trademark celebration of New Year’s Eve is the array of dazzling fireworks at different vantage points. From the world’s tallest building to the artificial archipelago, these places are lit with colours and explosions. Here is the best part – you do not have to spend even a dirham to witness the magic in the sky.
Landmarks with free access are-
- Burj Khalifa – The legendary structure is itself a priceless discovery, plus the bursts of colourful lights across the skyline, make it enchanting. You can’t find a more preferable option than looking up to the awe-inspiring celebration from the footsteps of Burj Khalifa. A sea of people gather near the Dubai Fountain and experience the fireworks shooting and exploding into the air. This sightseeing is at no cost and this makes it exciting for everyone. But to avoid the traffic of people and have the best seat in the city, come before the usual time.
- Souk Al Bahr – Since there is limited access to the above-given option, you can also stroll to the Souk Al Bahr, which is nestled just across the bridge from Dubai Mall. For comfort, book a table at one of the many restaurants dotting the place.
- Burj Plaza – In the shadow of Burj Khalifa, the Plaza is an open-air terrace that has restaurants, cafés, and gaming centres. Either reserve a table to savour the food and the splendid views or get a spot in the open area to observe the phenomenon.
- Palm Jumeirah Boardwalk – The Palm Jumeirah is a palm-shaped archipelago that looks stunning on the NYE. To nab the unparalleled views of the fireworks across the area, reach the 11km boardwalk along the crescent. It is broad and long to accommodate a huge number of visitors. As you walk to the Rixos-end of the crescent, you can catch the Burj Khalifa fireworks too.
The struggle could be real to find a place in such hordes of people gathered to gaze at the pyrotechnic display, but if you reach early, and get to the front rows, where spending time would be delightful.
2. Set a picnic on the Kite Beach
Burj Al Arab is the next big thing and the second-best fireworks display in the city. The sail-shaped silhouette looks breathtaking as the fireworks fill the sky. There are free places here to observe this treat, but the perfect idea would be to escape to the sand. The sandy coastline of Kite Beach is amazing for camping with your friends and family. So, take a picnic basket and bring in the New Year beach style.
3. Party all night at JBR Beach
Another beach to hit for the New Year’s extravaganza is JBR Beach. This famous destination is brimming with thrilling activities and a high-spirited crowd. It also attracts travellers who are on a shoestring budget. The party freaks arrive before midnight and stay till dawn, sometimes until late morning. Besides drinks, there are live concerts, Zumba, fire acts, laser light shows, extensive culinary scenes, and everything else to unravel unforgettable fun.
4. Sail in the dhow cruise
Nothing could beat the effervescence of cruising amidst Dubai’s staggering line of skyscrapers. There is the Dhow Cruise Marina that will whisk you away to the world of innovative architecture, fancy malls, numerous fireworks, and chirpy celebrations, while the Dhow Cruise Creek lands you in Old Dubai which indulges in pleasant and traditional celebrations. The dhow is staged and embellished like a palace that arranges live entertainment, a sumptuous buffet, and uninterrupted sightseeing. Accompanied by New Year cake and champagne, it is an outstanding way to say hello to 2023. And it is definitely cheaper than what would cost to charter a private yacht.
5. Visit Dubai Festival City Mall
If shopping is your style to unwind then this mall is your ultimate destination. From fashion to furniture, upgrade your wardrobe and home in the New Year. There are a multitude of restaurants with city skyline views, including Eataly, Peppermill, Big Fernand, and Semsom, but the IMAGINE water and light show steals the limelight.
6. Have fun at Global Village
With a minimal entrance fee, Global Village is a premium multicultural festival park for all to enjoy. That means, you would be celebrating the New year with people from China, Thailand, India, Russia, Pakistan, and other countries. The shopping venues, street shows, live concerts, play zones, irresistible delicacies, and unbelievable fireworks combine to stage the best affordable NYE.
Hope we have helped you plan your New Year 2023 in Dubai without blowing the bank.